Ph.D , University of Peshawar in Sociology
Dr. Jamil Ahmad Chitrali has a diverse personality of having academic and creative arts attributes combined. He did his PhD in Sociology from University of Peshawar in 2013. Was a graduate of Peshawar University in 1998 and passed Master in Anthropology with destination form department of sociology and Anthropology University of Peshawar. Had courses of PhD level from Area Study Centre (Central Asian Studies) in 2003-04 and MS level courses in Summer 2008-09 from University of Lund, Sweden in Gender Studies. He remained Director of Students Societies and is currently Organizer of Cultural & Dramatic Society, University of Peshawar. On his credit are various creative arts programs and managed to stage Drama at Agha Khan Auditorium on The concept of Peace. He remained drama Artist, Script Writer and Director for various plays on aired on State Run TV channel PTV in 1990s.
He conducted various research projects and earned good respect in international Community travelling for conferences and field works and other research events from Afghanistan, Iran, India to Germany, Australia, Turkey etc. As Director IPCS signed MoUs with Government of Pakistan. Brazil and Canada and Unites States are soon to be in the same network of Peace Building at Pakistan. Serving since May 2002 at University of Peshawar remained Two Times Elected Member of Syndicate, Academic Council, Senate and President of PUTA and manage to raise funds worth 20 million for various projects from Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other donors.Research
- Jamil, Chitrali, A., (March-April, 2015). Gender Based Violence in Pakistani Schools: Investigating Attitudes of Students towards Family Role in Violence. VFAST Transactions on Education and Social Sciences, 06(2), March-April 2015:72-88.
- Jamil, Chitrali, A.,Mussarat, Anwar, Dr., Ayesha, Anwar.,Kaleemullah, Bareech,. (December, 2014). A Co-relational Study of Intelligence and Academic Achievement of Students from Government Schools of Peshawar District. PUTAJ-Humanities & Social Sciences, 21(2), December 2014:107-115.
- Jamil, Chitrali, A.,Mussarat, Anwar, Dr., Nabahat, Syeda, Dr. (2014). Dynamics of Gender Based Violence: Investigating the Effects of Violence in Pakistani Schools on School Dropout and loss of Creativity among Students. Pakistan Journal of Criminology, 06(2), July-Dec 2014:133-146.
- Jamil, Chitrali, A., Alam, Anwar, Dr. (2013). Gender Role Perception and Exposure to Violence at Schools: A study of Selected Schools in District Mardan and Peshawar, Khyber Pakhtun. Pakistan Journal of Criminology, 05(2), 2013:191-213.
- Jamil, Chitrali, A.,Mussarat, Anwar., (2013) Socio-Psychological Consequences of Spouse’s Death on Widows of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. PUTAJ Humanities & Social Sciences. November 2013. Vol. 20:147-156
- Jamil, Ahmad, Chitrali., Iqbal, Ahmad., Altaf Hussain., Dr. Syeda Nabahat and Faizullah Jan,. (July, 2013) Terrorism and its Effects on Education and Universalization of Primary Education in Pakistan. Journal of Law and Society, Law College, University of Peshawar. Vol. 44, No. 63:125-144
- Jamil, Ahmad, Chitrali.,Sumera, F., Ali, Askar., Robina, Abideen., Abdul, Manan., (January-July, 2012) Anthropological Interest in Education System: Evidence from Hadith (Bukhari Sharif). Journal of Law and Society, Law College, University of Peshawar. Vol. 42, No. 59-60:147-156
- Jamil, Ahmad, C., Anwar, Alam., Waheed, Choudhry., (2012) Ethnicity and Culture-Baseline Information on Aynak Coppermine Area of District Mohammad Agha, Logar Province, Afghanistan. PUTAJ: Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Peshawar, PUTA. 19:137-150
- Jamil, Ahmad, C.,Dr. Salman Bangash., Zahid, Ali., Inayatullah, Khan., Abdul, Manan., (January-July, 2012) Socio-Political Assessment of Anglo-Afghan Treaties in 19th and 20th Century: Age of British Imperialism. Journal of Law and Society, Law College, University of Peshawar. Vol. 42, No. 59-60:157-180
- Jamil, Ahmad, C., Musarrat, A. Ayesha, A. (2011) Power Archetype and Psychological wellbeing: The Journey of Political Leaders to Wholeness. PUTA: Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Peshawar, PUTA. 18: 173-190
- Jamil, A, C., Mussarat A., Aisha, A., Manan, A., (January-July, 2011) Suicidal Ideation: Warning Signs for Sicidal Risk Among The Survivors of Suicide Attempt-A Study of Selected Cases in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Journal of Law and Society, Law College, University of Peshawar. Vol. 41, No. 57-58:19-36
- Jamil, Ahmad,C.,Shazia G, M., (January-July, 2011) Participant Observation of Personality Transformation among Free-Mover Students in Sweden. Journal of Law and Society, Law College, University of Peshawar. Vol. 41, No. 57-58:195-208
- Jamil, Ahmad.(2010) Sexuality and Gender in Conflict: Residential Patterns of Eunuchs (Hijra) in Pakistan. PUTA: Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Peshawar, PUTA. 17: 179-192
- Member with Research Group on ’Voilence in Schools’ , International Centre for Voilence Research, Bielefeld University, Germany with 5 years funding by DFG since May 2008
- Worked as Consultant/Senior Sociologist with Hagler Bailley Pakistan on Rapid Rural Appraisal and Socio-economic Impact Assessment of Bamiyan Coal Mine Electricity Project,Bamiyan, Afghanistan for 6 months (2012) with one month field in Afghanistan (May 01-May 23 2012). The Client for Hagler Bailley Pakistan was MCC, China.
- Worked as Consultant/Senior Sociologist with Hagler Bailley Pakistan on
- Socio-economic Impact Assessment of Aynak Copper Mine Project, Logar, Afghanistan for 4 months (2010-11) with one month field in Afghanistan(Nov04-Dec02 2010 and Sep 08-15, 2011). The Client for Hagler Bailley Pakistan was MCC, China.
- Worked as Site Coordinator for 3rd Round Surveillance on HIV/AIDS in NWFP, Peshawar IBBS Survey. (March 15-May 15th 2008)
- Worked as Site Coordinator for Special Mapping of Home based and Koti Khana Based Female Sex Workers in Peshawar ( July-August 2007)
- Worked as Site Coordinator for 2nd Round Surveillance on HIV/AIDS in NWFP, Peshawar and Bannu, Mapping of High Risk Groups and IBBS Survey (Sep, 2006-Mar, 2007)
- Conducted Rapid Need Assessment Survey for Anti Narcotics Force through DOST Foundation in April, 2002
- Conducted Mapping on Street Drug Addicts with Nijat for Dost Foundation in Peshawar in January 2001
- Conducted Base Line Survey on Missing Families of Afghan War in all Districts of NWFP for ICRC and IFRCS through Pakistan Red Crescent Society as Provincial Program Officer April-June 2000
- Conducted Survey on Juvenile Delinquency in 11 District Prisons and 3 Central Prisons of NWFP in 1999-2000
Membership at Various Forums
- Member Syndicate (elected twice for 3 years each 2010-13 and 2013-16), University of Peshawar
- Member, Academic Council, University of Peshawar
- Member, Senate, University of Peshawar
- Member Board of Studies, Peace & Conflict Resolution Department, University of Swabi
- President, Rotary International Uni-Town Peshawar 2012-13
- Member Research Group on Violence Research at International Platform for Violence
- Research Bielefeld, Germany
- Provincial Sub-Technical Committee, HIV/AIDS NWFP
- Member, Government Citizen Forum on Police Reforms, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
- Member, Right to Services Citizen Integration Forum, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
- Sarhad NGOs Ittihad
- Population Association of Pakistan
- All Pakistan Drama Artists Association
- Organizer Peshawar University Cultural and Dramatic Society
- Member TAG (Technical Advisory Group) Committee for BCC Component of Provincial
- AIDS Control Program NWFP
- Executive Member, Peshawar University Teachers Association (PUTA)